A position has become available within The Australian Consortium for ‘In-Country’ Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) Yogyakarta office for a Program Assistant (PA). This would suit a candidate with an interest in Management, Education, Cultural Studies, and Australian-Indonesia relations. Interested applicants should submit a current CV and a statement (in English) addressing the selection criteria below before or by Friday, 17 January 2020 at the latest.
Please note this position is open to Indonesian nationals (WNI) only.
This is an entry-level position and would suit a recent graduate of an Indonesian university. The PA will mainly be assisting the Flexible Language Immersion Program (FLIP). The PA reports directly to the Yogyakarta Program Manager. Duties to be performed by the PA include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the planning of program events including orientation, excursions and other activities as directed by the YPM, and/ or RD/DRD;
- Assisting new and continuing students to complete registration/enrolment for classes and Securing assessment reports, certificates and transcripts for students on a timely basis;
- Acting as a liaison with UGM. The PA is specifically assigned to ensure all the academic aspects of the program and become the go to person for academic consultation;
- Acting as logistic request coordinator and coordinate all the event logistic request from ACICIS offices and Perth secretariat;
- Conducting student exit interviews at the end of the semester as requested by RD with supervision from YPM;
- Counselling students on matters of adjustment to Indonesian life, including attention to physical adjustment, Indonesian norms of behaviour and expectations regarding dress and use of appropriate language;
- Assisting the YPM and/ or RD/DRD in working with ACICIS partner university staff to monitor and evaluate ACICIS’ program;
- Assisting the YPM and/ or RD/DRD in providing assistance to students in routine and/or emergency medical or security procedures;
- Managing regular intakes of ACICIS interns and supervising at least one intern per semester;
- Assisting the YPM, DRD or RD with other tasks when called upon to do so from time to time.
Working Hours and Remuneration
- The Yogyakarta Program Assistant will work on a full-time basis (40 hours/ 5 days per week), with the understanding that the scheduling of program events means that the distribution of hours over the period of a week may be flexible. Standard work hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break. Occasional out-of-hours’ work will be required during orientation sessions and extra-curricular activities, and will be compensated through leave in lieu;
- The role will be remunerated at a competitive rate, commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Indonesian or Australian university with a sound academic record in a related discipline (e.g. Management, Cultural Studies, International Relations, Education, etc.);
- At least two years of professional experience in a relevant position (administration, communication, public relations, international organisation).
- Professional level of English proficiency, and a willingness to develop this further as a part of the role;
- Computer literacy in using the Microsoft Office suite, cloud services, social media applications; and Photoshop/ InDesign (desirable);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise a range of competing tasks;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and a willingness to learn about new cultures;
- A team player with a pleasant personality who can work well in flexible working environments.
Applying for this role
To apply for this role, please send through a copy of your latest CV (max 2 pages) and a statement (max 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria above. In preparing your statement addressing the selection criteria, please provide examples of your skills and experience where possible against each selection criterion. Applications without a statement addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please visit our website to learn more about our programs and the work we do before preparing your application.
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Ms Sinta Padmi, ACICIS Yogyakarta Program Manager
Subject Heading: ACICIS PA Yogyakarta Job Vacancy 2020
By latest deadline: Friday, 17 January 2020.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled for this position between 20 – 24 January 2020. If shortlisted, please ensure you are available during this period.
The post Job Vacancy: Program Assistant (Yogyakarta) appeared first on ACICIS.